Are you looking for ways to have fun with your spouse and enjoy your marriage during the hectic Christmas season?
I am, but it’s a struggle. My Christmas to-do list is threatening to overwhelm me, but I’m determined not to let it get the upper hand! I want to have fun with my husband during the “most wonderful time of the year,” not work my fingers to the bone every day, then drop into bed in complete exhaustion. (This post contains Amazon affiliate links.)
If you’re feeling the same way, I encourage you to first check out our companion article, 5 ways to have fun with your spouse this Christmas.
Then use the list below to plan 3 or 4 fun activities with your husband over the next two weeks. (You can even combine Christmas tasks with fun – my husband and I went out to dinner tonight, then did some Christmas shopping.) Here are 25 ideas to help you get started:
• Visit a walk-through or drive-through Christmas lights display.
• Go ice skating.
• Take a walk or a hike.
• Play Christmas music, put your feet up, and enjoy a glass of wine or cup of hot chocolate.
• Make love.
• Make cookies.
• Play Christmas music and wrap gifts together.
• Go to a movie.
• Go shopping together, then stop for coffee, ice cream or a glass of wine.
• Ride bikes.
• Play in the snow. (If you’re lucky enough to have some snow!)
• Build a snowman.
• Say no to something (or several somethings!) in order to make time to have fun with your spouse.
• Watch a classic Christmas movie.
• Work together to get the house or yard ready for company.
• If you’re travelling, explore the town or area where you’re staying. (Leave the kids with the grandparents for a few hours!)
• Play a game together.
• Make up some new sexy rules for the game.
• Play some romantic music and dance together.
• Wear festive holiday lingerie.
• Straighten up your bedroom, light some scented candles (be careful with them!), and spend some time touching and enjoying each other.
• Stroll through a beautifully decorated shopping or residential area.
• Go shopping or do errands together, rather than separately. Find a way to make them fun.
Looking for more ways to strengthen your marriage this Christmas? Get a copy of our holiday ebook – Peace. Love Joy. – 75 Ways to Love Your Life and Enjoy Your Marriage this Christmas – You don’t have to sign up or share your email address – just download it and go. And use the code CHRISTMAS5 at checkout to save $3 off the regular price ($8).
You may also like these posts about connecting with your husband and enjoying your marriage:
- 10 Ways to Connect with Your Husband – When Life Gets Crazy
- 5 Ways to Add Joy to Your Marriage
- Speak Your Husband’s Love Language – A Simple Way to Strengthen Your Marriage
- Does He Make You Laughh by J at Hot, Holy and Humorous
- 14 Ways to Play as a Couple by Sheila at To Love, Honor and Vacuum
How do you and your husband have fun during this busy time of year? Please share your tips and ideas in the Comments – I would love to hear from you.
Add a little bit of spice to your marriage!
Get 18 Ways to Spice Up Your Marriage. Plus simple tips for a healthy life and happy marriage - right to your inbox.