Whether you love it, hate it, or barely tolerate it, Valentine’s Day is almost here. Whatever you think your husband may (or may not) do to celebrate, I want to encourage you to plan one thing to make the day fun or meaningful (or both!) for him.
Whether you feel deeply in love with your husband or completely fed up with him, whether you expect to be have fun on the 14th or know you’ll be disappointed, just do one thing for your husband on Valentine’s Day that will speak love to him, bring joy to him, or make him laugh. If you already have a plan, great. If not, it’s not too late.
Maybe you haven’t given much thought to doing something for him, because you expect Valentine’s Day to be all about you. (Yeah…I’m guilty of that.) Maybe you feel too tired from the daily grind to make a plan or carry it out.
Or maybe you feel like he hasn’t done much for you lately, so why should you do something special for him? I’m not saying those aren’t valid issues or that you shouldn’t deal with them. What I am saying is this – just set them slightly to the side and do one thing for your husband on Valentine’s Day that shows him how much you love and appreciate him. (This post contains Amazon affiliate links.)
• Put the kids to bed early and spend the evening relaxing together and enjoying each other.
• Make his favorite dessert.
• Make him a special dinner.
• Communicate with him in his love language throughout the day.
• Bring in pizza and some wine and relax together.
• Buy some lingerie or unearth some you haven’t worn for a while.
• Watch sports or one of his favorite movies with him.
• Buy a gift for one of his hobbies and do something together that involves that hobby.
Light candles and play some sexy music.
• Play some sexy music and dance together.
• Make him a playlist of his favorite music and play it while spending time together.
• Write him a note that lets him know how much you appreciate him.
• Send him flirty or sexy texts throughout the day.
• Take a shower together.
• Try out some essential oils or lotions that promote relaxation and sensuality.
• Give him a massage.
Do you have a plan for Valentine’s Day? I’m planning to make a special dessert we’ve been talking about for a while and to experiment with some sensual essential oils. Do you have some ideas for women who still need to make a plan? Please share them in the Comments – I ‘d love to hear from you.
Looking for a way to boost your libido, feel sexier and enjoy intimacy more? Check out this 10-video Boost Your Libido ecourse that’s packed with great information and resources (affiliate link).
Healthy Life, Happy Marriage
Get 15 Ways to Connect with Your Spouse - When Life Gets Crazy! Plus simple tips for a healthy life and happy marriage - right to your inbox.