It probably comes as no surprise that more women come to this blog to read about essential oils for love and romance and sex and intimacy than any other topic. And that makes sense, because so many women are struggling to feel sexy, to feel interested in sex, and to strengthen the intimacy in their marriages.
You may be one of those women. (I’m definitely one of them!) You probably feel weary and may have little interest in sex – the pace and complexity of life in the 21st century has worn you out and tamped down (or even killed) your libido. And if you’re like me you’re looking looking for a solution, something that will help you create the kind of sexy, romantic marriage you’d love to have, without requiring energy and effort you don’t have to give.
And you’re hoping that sensual essential oils for love and romance might offer that solution.
The good news is, they can be part of the solution. They can’t solve every problem in the bedroom (or any serious problem), but they can help. If you know a little bit about essential oils for love and romance, let’s jump right into talking about how to use them to enhance sex, romance and intimacy. And if you don’t know much about them, I encourage you to read this article first – Essential Oils for Sex and Intimacy – then come back here and continue reading.
So here are some ways you can experiment with sensual essential oils in the bedroom – these are things you can do fairly easily, including creating essential oil blends and applications to see if they make a difference for you. I’m also sharing links to some of my favorite marriage bloggers who’ve written great articles on using essential oils for love and romance – because I still have a lot to learn about romantic essential oils for sex and intimacy and I trust the things these women have to say.
Essential Oils for Love and Romance – Plus Romantic Essential Oil Blends
Figuring out which essential oils or essential oil blends may help you feel relaxed, sexy or in the mood for sex can take some trial and error. If you don’t already have some oils on hand that you can use to experiment, borrow some from a friend to see which ones appeal to you. Or try the samplers at the essential oils display in a health food store or healthy grocery store. That way you won’t waste money buying oils you end up not liking. (This post contains Amazon affiliate links.)
If you want to make your own blends, you’ll need small bottles for mixing and storing them. I use these small glass bottles and these roller bottles, which I especially like for easy application. (I also make a stress-reducing oil blend that I put in a roller bottle and keep in my purse for high-stress days!). You’ll also need a carrier oil for dilution, like fractionated coconut oil or sweet almond oil (any light, neutral oil that’s safe to apply to the skin is fine).
Remember that essential oils are powerful and a little goes a long way – start adding with just a couple of drops of each oil to the carrier oil when making a blend and adjust from there. And test for skin sensitivity in a small spot before using each blend. Ready to give it a try? Here are some romantic essential oil blends you may like:
• Ylang Ylang and Citrus (lemon, wild orange or bergamot) – Ylang ylang is considered one of the top essential oils for love and romance for women. It has a very strong floral scent, and a little definitely goes a long way. I like to soften its scent with a citrus scent, but you can also dilute it and use it on its own.
• Whisper Blend – This is DoTerra’s romance blend for women, and it’s my favorite sensual essential oil blend. It contains bergamot, ylang ylang, patchouli, jasmine, cinnamon, rose flower and other essential oils, diluted in fractionated coconut oil. Although it’s already diluted it’s quite strong, and I dilute it with additional carrier oil.
• Sandalwood, Jasmine and Citrus (bergamot or wild orange)
• Sweetheart Blend – Wild Orange, Lavender and Ylang Ylang – Lavender is considered to be calming, which may be helpful if stress is wreaking havoc on your libido.
• Passion Blend – I haven’t tried this one yet, but it’s on my list. It’s a spicy blend that contains cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, clove, jasmine and other oils, diluted in fractionated coconut oil.
• Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang and Bergamot
• Your own blend – There is no right or wrong when it comes to choosing and blending oils. Find the ones that make you feel calm, sensual, or energized – or whatever you need to boost your libido and promote sex and intimacy in your marriage.
Romantic Essential Oils – Applications
• Apply the diluted essential oil blend to the skin. Apply to your wrists, neck, lower abdomen or any place that feels sensual to you. (Avoid delicate tissues or sensitive areas. Test for sensitivity the first time you use an oil or blend.)
• Diffuse into the air. Get an inexpensive diffuser, add a few drops of the oils of your choice, and make your bedroom or any room smell sensual and romantic.
• Make a linen blend. Put filtered or distilled water into a small spray bottle. Add a few drops of the oils of your choice and lightly spray your sheets and pillows.
Tips from Top Marriage Bloggers
Two marriage bloggers I respect and admire have also written about romantic essential oils, and I encourage you to check out their articles:
• The Best Essential Oils for Libido by Sheila of To Love, Honor and Vacuum. Sheila is one of the top Christian marriage bloggers. She writes for women on almost every subject that affects sex, intimacy, communication and women’s health – all with a focus on building and strengthening marriages, and in this article she shares information about specific oils that may help women.
• Love, Romance and Essential Oils by Bonny of Bonny’s Oyster Bed. Bonny is the expert among Christian marriage bloggers when it comes to low libido in women. Her blog is focused on encouraging low-libido women to uncover and embrace the fabulous sexuality within them, even though it seems to be hidden or entirely absent. In this post she focuses especially on different ways to use essential oils to enhance libido.
• Turn Your Bedroom into an Oasis, also by Sheila of To Love, Honor and Vacuum. This article includes tips about essential oils and massage candles, as well as other ideas for creating a romantic mood in your bedroom.
Have you tried using sensual essential oils for love and romance or to spice things up in your marriage? What are your favorite oils or blends? What type of application has worked for you?
Create your best life!
Get health and marriage tips by email + a free marriage resource