It probably comes as no surprise that more women come to this blog to read about essential oils for sex, intimacy, and romance than any other topic. And that makes sense, because so many women are struggling to feel sexy, to feel interested in sex, and to enjoy the intimacy in their marriages.
You may be one of those women. (I’m definitely one of them!) You may feel weary and may have little interest in sex – the pace and complexity of life in the 21st century has worn you out and tamped down (or even killed) your libido.
And if you’re like me you’re looking looking for a solution, something that will help you create the kind of sexy, romantic marriage you’d love to have, without requiring energy and effort you don’t have to give.
And you’re hoping that sensual essential oils for love and romance might offer that solution. (This post contains Amazon affiliate links.)
The good news is, essential oils can be part of the solution. They can’t solve every problem in the bedroom (or any serious problem), but they can help. If you know a little bit about essential oils for love and romance, let’s jump right into talking about how to use them to enhance sex, romance and intimacy. And if you don’t know much about them, I encourage you to check out this article on sensual essential oils and my ebook, Breathe. Relax. Enjoy. How to Use Essential Oils to Increase Sensual Energy.
So here are some ways you can experiment with sensual essential oils in the bedroom – these are things you can do fairly easily, including creating essential oil blends and applications to see if they make a difference for you.
I’m also sharing links to some of my favorite marriage bloggers who’ve written articles on using essential oils for love and romance – because I still have a lot to learn about romantic essential oils for sex and intimacy and I trust the things these women have to say.
Essential Oils for Love and Romance – and Some Romantic Essential Oil Blends
Figuring out which essential oils or essential oil blends may help you feel relaxed, sexy or in the mood for sex can take some trial and error. If you don’t already have some oils on hand that you can use to experiment, borrow some from a friend to see which ones appeal to you.
Or try the samplers at the essential oils display in a health food store or healthy grocery store. That way you won’t waste money buying oils you end up not liking.
If you want to make your own blends, you’ll need small bottles for mixing and storing them. I use these small glass bottles and these roller bottles, which I especially like for easy application. (Sometimes I also make a stress-reducing blend that I put in a roller bottle and keep in my purse for high-stress days!).
Remember that essential oils are powerful and a little goes a long way – start adding with just a couple of drops of each oil to the carrier oil when making a blend and adjust from there. And test for skin sensitivity in a small spot before using each blend.
Ready to give it a try? Here are some romantic essential oil blends you may like:
• Ylang Ylang and Citrus (lemon, wild orange or bergamot) – Ylang ylang is considered one of the top essential oils for love and romance for women. It has a very strong floral scent, and a little definitely goes a long way. I like to soften its scent with a citrus scent, but you can also dilute it and use it on its own.
• Whisper Blend – This is DoTerra’s romance blend for women, and it’s my favorite sensual essential oil blend. It contains bergamot, ylang ylang, patchouli, jasmine, cinnamon, rose flower and other essential oils, diluted in fractionated coconut oil. Although it’s already diluted it’s quite strong, and I dilute it with additional carrier oil.
• Sandalwood, Jasmine and Citrus (bergamot or wild orange)
• Sweetheart Blend – Wild Orange, Lavender and Ylang Ylang – Lavender is considered to be calming, which may be helpful if stress is wreaking havoc on your libido.
• Passion Blend – I haven’t tried this one yet, but it’s on my list. It’s a spicy blend that contains cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, clove, jasmine and other oils, diluted in fractionated coconut oil.
• Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang and Bergamot
• Your own blend – There is no right or wrong when it comes to choosing and blending oils. Find the ones that make you feel calm, sensual, or energized – or whatever you need to boost your libido and promote sex and intimacy in your marriage. Here are 10 sensual essential oil blend recipes, including two for men, that you may want to try.
Romantic Essential Oils – Applications
• Apply the diluted essential oil blend to the skin. Apply to your wrists, neck, lower abdomen or any place that feels sensual to you. Use it as a massage oil. (Avoid delicate tissues or sensitive areas. Test for sensitivity the first time you use an oil or blend.)
• Diffuse into the air. Get an inexpensive diffuser, add a few drops of the oils of your choice, and make your bedroom or any room smell sensual and romantic.
• Make a linen blend. Put filtered or distilled water into a small spray bottle. Add a few drops of the oils of your choice, shake well, and lightly spray your sheets and pillows.
Tips from Top Marriage Bloggers
Two marriage bloggers I respect and admire have also written about romantic essential oils, and I encourage you to check out their articles:
• The Best Essential Oils for Libido by Sheila of To Love, Honor and Vacuum. Sheila is one of the top Christian marriage bloggers. She writes for women on almost every subject that affects sex, intimacy, communication and women’s health – all with a focus on building and strengthening marriages, and in this article she shares information about specific oils that may help women.
• Love, Romance and Essential Oils by Bonny of Bonny’s Oyster Bed. Bonny is the expert among Christian marriage bloggers when it comes to low libido in women. Her blog is focused on encouraging low-libido women to uncover and embrace the fabulous sexuality within them, even though it seems to be hidden or entirely absent. In this post she focuses especially on different ways to use essential oils to enhance libido.
• Turn Your Bedroom into an Oasis, also by Sheila of To Love, Honor and Vacuum. This article includes tips about essential oils and massage candles, as well as other ideas for creating a romantic mood in your bedroom.
Have you tried using sensual essential oils for love and romance or to spice things up in your marriage? What are your favorite oils or blends? What typeof application has worked for you?
Want to learn more about using essential oils for sex and intimacy? Check out my ebook – Breathe. Relax. Enjoy. How to Use Essential Oils to Increase Sensual Energy
(Note: The information contained in this article is meant for educational purposes only and not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition. Statements in this article have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition. This information should not be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis, or courses of treatment or to address relationship issues. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
This post does not provide medical or counseling advice. If you’re experiencing significant problems related to sexuality, please talk with a physician or professional counselor. Essential oils are not without risks, so use them carefully and sparingly. Don’t ingest them, don’t apply them to sensitive tissues, and don’t use them on children without consulting a physician. )
Add a little bit of spice to your marriage!
Get 18 Ways to Spice Up Your Marriage. Plus simple tips for a healthy life and happy marriage - right to your inbox.