Throughout January, we’ve been talking about strategies for living a bit calmer, healthier and sexier in 2013. (The 12 strategies we’ve discussed are listed below.) So, the month is over and 2013 is running full steam ahead. Do you have a plan? Because if we’re going to have any hope of reducing stress, improving our health and enjoying great sex and intimacy with our husbands this year, we need a plan! It doesn’t have to be long or complicated. As a matter of fact, the simpler the better. I suggest picking 2 to 4 of the strategies below and deciding on an action step for each one. Write them down and put the list where you’ll see it regularly – use a note card, a note on your phone, a white board on the refrigerator, anything you’ll see regularly.
Here’s my plan:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Lose the last 5 to 7 pounds that stand between me and my goal weight. I plan to reach this goal by eating primarily whole foods, counting calories, and doing some kind of physical activity/exercise 6 days a week.
- Take care of yourself/Move your body every day: Add strength training 3 days per week to my normal physical activity/exercise.
- Build sexual confidence – action: Plan something sexy, fun and different to do with my husband once a month.
- Organize something: I’m planning to adopt my friend Dottie’s great idea and thoroughly clean and organize one room of my house every month.
(If you have young children at home or an otherwise very complicated life, 4 strategies are probably too many. Maybe start with 2 and see how it goes. )
So, do you have a plan? Please share it in the Comments – I would love to hear from you. Gaye
- Move your body every day.
- Eat (mostly) whole foods.
- Sleep 7-8 hours every night.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Take care of yourself.
- Learn to say “no.”
- Control your family’s schedule.
- Organize something.
- Take some time for yourself.
- Build sexual confidence – physical confidence.
- Build sexual confidence – knowledge.
- Build sexual confidence – action.
Linked with the fabulous blogs and blog hops at Flamingo Toes, Or So She Says, Sunny Simple Life, SITS ShareFest, Pretty Living PDX, Six Sisters Stuff, Today with the Tennerys, Oh So Amelia, The Grant Life, What Jean Likes, Shaken Together, Blissful and Domestic, House of Hepworths, Out on a Limb, Live Laugh Rowe and Twinkle in the Eye.