Are you looking for a way to ignite sex in your marriage? Do you feel disconnected from your husband and want to jump start your intimacy and connection? Or is everything going smoothly, but you just want to have a bit of fun? In all of these cases, “hotel sex” may be just what you need!
So, what exactly is “hotel sex?” Clearly, it includes having sex in a hotel or motel! But, we can stretch the definition a bit and include any sex you enjoy in a place that provides lots of privacy with little or no responsibility. So it could include sex in a cabin, cottage or inn – but not sex at your in-laws’ house! Basically, it’s a time for you and your husband to break away from your normal surroundings and responsibilities and reignite the passion in your marriage.
Getting away, even for one night, sometimes requires extensive planning. But it’s truly worth the effort! Here are five ways hotel sex can boost your marriage:
- It allows you to relax in a way many women can’t at home. Many wives and mothers are always “on” at home – something or someone always requires their attention. Even when the kids are in bed, we find it hard to relax while looking at an empty refrigerator or piles of dirty clothes! In a hotel, however, we aren’t responsible for anything! Nobody is calling “Mom, Mom, Mooommm!” every five minutes, we don’t have to make the bed, heck – we don’t even have to hang up the towels! Because most women need to be relaxed in order to enjoy sex, getting away from our responsibilities once in a while can provide just the relaxing boost we need!
- It allows you to release some inhibitions. Once we’re relaxed, it’s easier to let go of inhibitions. In a hotel or motel, no one is going to hear us or see us. No one will walk through the door at an inopportune moment. No one knows us. So it’s easier to relax and let go of some of the things that worry us about sex at home.
- It gives you a chance to try something new. In a hotel, you can wear the racy lingerie you don’t wear at home. Or sexy high heels. Or nothing. You can try a new position. You can take a bath together or have sex in the shower. You can make love in the middle of the afternoon or first thing in the morning. You can try a sex toy or a flavored lubricant. Anything you’ve been hesitant to try at home, you can try it first in a hotel!
- It says to your husband, “I value this part of our marriage.” Taking the time to spend a weekend, or even just one night, in a hotel lets your husband know you value sex and intimacy with him. If you take the initiative to plan the time away, even better. More than likely, he values sex and intimacy with you, so seeing you make it a priority will encourage him.
- It builds intimacy and connection that strengthens your marriage. Sex is critical to marriage – we can’t have strong marriages without it. Some women think it’s just something “he needs.” But it’s so much more! (And we need it too!) It’s a big component of the glue that holds us together – without it, we’re just roommates. Enjoying hotel sex once or twice a year certainly isn’t all we need, but it can reignite or just strengthen that part of our marriage.
Want to give it a try? Plan a night or a weekend away in the near future. Two nights are better than one, because you have more time to relax. You can make it a full-fledged getaway, or just head to a hotel in a nearby town or city. Don’t go too far, because it’s about spending time together, not traveling.
What do you think? Is it worth the effort? Can you make it happen? Please share your thoughts in the Comments – I would love to hear from you. Also, if you don’t yet follow CalmHealthySexy by email, I would love for you to subscribe (enter your email address in the sidebar under Subscribe to Blog Via Email). You’ll receive an email whenever I publish a new post. Thanks. Gaye
Sharing with Empty Your Archives, Family Fun Friday, Pin It Thursday – Sweet Bella Roos, Mercy Ink, The SITS Girls, Six Sisters Stuff, Messy Marriage, To Love, Honor and Vacuum, Happy Wives Club, Piggy in Polka Dots, I Gotta Try That, Serendipity and Spice, Katherine’s Corner, The Pin It Party, Family Fun Friday, We Are That Family, Matrimonial Monday, Pin It Tuesday, TALU, Fluster Buster, Create with Joy and Pursuit of a Functional Home.